Health and Safety
The Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies keeps student wellness as a top priority in our summer university programme. All students are expected to be fully vaccinated by the course start date, report if they have covid symptoms, and use their best judgement to keep themselves and others safe during the trip. By agreeing to participate in the programme, you hereby accept that OCHS is not liable, or directly responsible for, under any circumstances, COVID-19 related health complications or injuries that take place during the duration of the course. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding our safety measures, feel free to contact one of the course managers.
What IS included in the fee:
– World-class lectures and tutorship by leading Oxford scholars;
– Accommodation including breakfast;
– Airport pick-up if you are arriving on August 4th;
– Inclusion in live rituals, religious spaces, and cultural practices;
– Visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites (entrance fees and guided tours);
– Support from OCHS Staff throughout your time in Nepal;
– Access to online video lectures;
– Group excursions throughout the city’s many cultural sites;
– Festive local dinners;
– Music and cultural arrangements;
– Transport costs for local programme activities;
– ECTS credits from MF Norwegian School of Theology, Religion and Society.
What is NOT included in the fee:
– Insurance plan;
– Flight tickets;
– Most lunches and dinners;
– Cell phone plan;
* Please note that the standard accommodation is in double rooms. If you want to request a roommate, or request a single room for an additional fee, please contact the course staff before April 1st, 2024.